August has many redeeming qualities. DC clears out as everyone goes on vacation making my commute far more pleasant, my birthday is midway through the month and the warm weather means I can always find someone to go for ice cream with. (Surprisingly, this is not the case in January)
Despite all of this, August is also the time of year when retailers begin their end-of-summer sales. I don't know about you, but I am so not ready for summer to be over.
In an attempt to capture some lasting summer flavors, I stocked up on some of my favorite fruits and made berry pops!
You can make these as fruit-heavy as you want, just remember to leave room for the sweet creamy base base to hold it all together.
- 14oz Sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup blackberries, chopped
- 1 Cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Whisk together heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk
- Divide mixture into two bowls
- Add blackberries to one bowl and strawberries to the other
- Mash or blend each mixture, depending on desired consistency
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and let freeze overnight