I know I’ve spent the last few months talking about how much I love pumpkin but I think I might be pumpkined-out. That being said, it’s always better to go out on top and I couldn’t think of a better recipe to do it with.
Regular blondies are much like brownies, except instead of cocoa they have vanilla flavoring. If you’ve never had a blondie, you should know that this is definitely not your typical blondie bar. Still, these pumpkin blondies are a moist cousin to the blondie.
Ingredients (Recipe adapted from a Celebrating Sweets recipe)
- ½ Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¾ Cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Cup (230g) pumpkin puree
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ Cup (180g) flour
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon ground allspice
- ¾ Teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with tin foil and set aside
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat until amber in color and fragrant
- Once butter has cooled slightly, whisk butter in a large bowl with brown sugar, egg, pumpkin and vanilla until combined
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients
- Gently mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.