It’s been nearly a month since I mused on a Monday so I figured now was as good a time as any to check back in!
I mentioned last week that I would be moving soon. If you want a sneak peek of where I’m going, make sure to follow my Instagram story in the first week of April. We’re heading up there to explore our new hood and make some friends so I’ll be sure to check out some sweet spots. Also, if you know how to make friends please send me tips. I’m only half kidding.
I’ve got my bi-weekly craft lunch on Thursday and I’m realizing I’ve made no progress since our last lunch. I’m not sure where the time has gone but it definitely hasn’t gone towards stitching. Do you craft at work with your coworkers? Maybe your coworkers aren’t as awesome as mine.
One of the reasons I haven’t found the time to make progress on my needlepoint projects is likely because I’ve been crushing my reading list. I’m on the last few chapters of The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit and I’m absolutely loving it! It takes place in Maine and I have huge respect for someone who lived outdoors through two decades worth of Maine winters. The main character (keep in mind this is a true story) survives solely on eating food he steals from cabins near his campsite, which I find to be the saddest part. He never gets to choose what he eats and is at the mercy of what the locals stock their fridges with. He also never gets to cook in a well stocked kitchen or enjoy the process of experimenting with flavors, something I could never imagine living without.
April’s only a few days away and while today seems to have cooled down again (just in time for my first round of golf of the season), the weather forecast promises that it’s finally going to start feeling like spring in D.C. this week. This of course means that I’ve got frozen treats on my mind all the time. Time to start cranking them out I suppose!
In my browser history this weekend:
- Food & Wine named Pasture in Richmond as Virginia’s best farm-to-table restaurant. Looks like I’m going to need to make a trip south to see what all the hype is about.
- As an absolute takeout junky I love this tip from the Kitchn to save money on takeout.
- Sometimes I feel like I’m all out of ideas. Katie’s got some great ideas for breaking through a creative block.
- Epicurious said it all when they said that caramel is cool and all, but butterscotch is better.
- Onyx loves sitting behind our PS4. This was found on Reddit and confirmed my suspicion that he’s not the only one who loves doing this!
- Can I have this kitchen? K thanks.
- Chipotle launched an education video series to teach people about respecting and preserving the land and celebrating food.
- Taking a trip? Check out Ashlee’s argument in favor of Airbnb.
- Occasionally I like to balance out my decadent treats with some healthy alternatives. Sometimes.
New on Sweet Sundays
- Chocolate Mousse Meringue Parfaits - Easy, crunchy, smooth, delicious. Need I say more?
- Mini Key Lime Pies - A taste of Florida in the perfect mini format.
- Festive Spring M&M Cookies - Because nothing says spring quite like white chocolate pastel M&Ms.
- Nutella-Stuffed Puff Pastry - If I could, I would put this Nutella cream cheese filling on everything. Literally, everything.