We don’t get a lot of snow in the D.C. area so when I travel North during the winter I completely forget to account for potential snow storms.
If you live in the Boston area you know that it got hit with a lot of snow in the last few days. I wasn’t quite ready for this, but neither was the airport, so I spent many hours at Boston Logan on Sunday afternoon praying for my flight to be un-delayed. Did you know that was a thing? I thought my brother would be able to entertain me as we both waited out our flight delays but not too long after we got settled, he noticed his flight was boarding. On time. Needless to say I was a little jealous when he received a confirmation email that his flight was no longer delayed.
Didn’t the weather know that I had a ton of baking projects waiting for me at home?? Between a craving for biscotti and a going away party for a coworker tomorrow evening that I promised to bake for, I have a lot to get started on.
I also have a lot to start eating. I returned to my chocolatier roots last week and made a whole bunch of fancy chocolate to wow my family with this weekend. Guess who forgot them on the kitchen counter? Me, it was me. Now I’ll have to just eat them all upon my return. I mean, someone’s got to step up to the plate, right?
Stranded alone in the airport last night, I had loads of time to catch up on all my favorite blogs. If you’re also killing time and looking for some light reading, check out what caught my eye below!
- I know I said no more s’mores but these are skinny so I’m making an exception
- Ready to start teaching on Skillshare? Here's everything you need to know.
- 40 Valentine’s day desserts that will melt your heart
- Blue and white for the home might be my favorite color combination. I’m totally on the same page as my friend Monica
- Grammy awards are made of Gramminium. Now you know.
- I’m not sure I agree with this but here are 14 pictures that prove our avocado obsession must be stopped
- How to eat your way through DC this week.
- Everything you need to know about herbs. Seriously. Everything.
- Lasagna is good. Red velvet lasagna is lit. that’s what the kids are saying now right?
- Is your closet also full of perfectly nice things you no longer wear? My friend Katie is sharing how she made some extra spending money by selling her clothes on Poshmark!
On Sweet Sundays:
- A look at candle-making in Charleston with Candlefish
- Back for her second guest post, Stephanie is dishing on a good looking cake!
- Two of my new favorite ingredients: Caramel and peanut butter
- Chocolate-stuffed lemon donuts. Good luck eating a donut that hasn’t been stuffed with chocolate after having one of these.
- Early grey and blueberry in one milkshake? Yes please.