I know I’m not supposed to eat cookie dough by the spoonful, raw eggs being bad for me and all, but I can’t help myself.
I was gifted a the Oh She Glows cookbook last year and was so excited to discover that despite being a vegan, Angela is also a cookie dough fanatic and features a healthy version in her book! Maybe I shouldn’t write off this vegan thing quite yet…
Just kidding, I love bacon too much.
If like me you enjoy keeping snacks on hand, these are the perfect choice. Simple to make, this alternative to cookie dough is easy to pack into a tupperware and store in the freezer.
These are delicious and guilt-free but I will admit that there is a downside to cooking vegan once in a while: my pantry didn’t have any of the right ingredients! Good thing a quick trip to the grocery store fixed that.
- ½ Cup (158g) old fashioned oats
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ Cup maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Cup (70g) almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips
- Grind oats to find powder using food processor or blender
- Using an electric mixer, combine coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla
- Add salt, almond flour and oats and mix to combine
- Mix in mini chocolate chips
- Roll dough into small balls (size depends on preference) and place in freezer to solidify
- Keep in freezer until ready to serve