Some days, I crave decadent chocolate desserts. Other days, I crave more reasonable amounts of chocolate for breakfast.
These crescent rolls are the perfect amount of chocolate and peanut butter to kick-start your day. I won’t pretend that it’s a good source of protein (although don’t worry, I tried that on my taste testers at brunch). Even if you aren’t trying to be decadent at brunch it’s okay to have at least a little chocolate, right?
When my alarm goes off in the morning, I’m up. I don’t hit snooze and honestly, my most productive time of day is 9am - 12pm. These crescents are so low effort, even my non-morning friends can handle popping these in the oven on Saturday morning.
If you’ve been to Paul with me before, you probably know that I’m a sucker for chocolate croissants and wondering: “Charlotte, is a crescent the same thing as a croissant?”. Great question! And no, they aren’t the same. Croissants are flakier because they are made of seven layers of dough.
The chocolate drizzle is optional but in the same way that going to work is optional - aka it's not. Trust me when I tell you that you will love that extra creamy topping on your warm and flakey breakfast pastry.
- 1 Can of crescent dough
- 8 Chocolate peanut butter cup
- ¼ Cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup smooth peanut butter
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Open crescent dough and cut along perforations.Cut each peanut butter cup in half and put one candy in each dough triangle. Fold the edges inwards to secure candy and roll dough from largest end to shortest end to form crescents (see photo above).
- Bake crescents for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. While crescents are baking, melt together the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a double boiler over simmering water.
- After the crescents cool, drizzle with chocolate peanut butter. Enjoy immediately!